Recipe by Cocoa
These appetizers disappear quickly! They are also great dipped in a mixture of soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
Top Review by Susan Aveis
These are maaaarvelous! I am on WW and made them for a party, and they simply were the talk of the crowd (and 2 points each)! Wonton wrappers found in produce aisle of grocery store. I also tried steaming a few and although the fried ones are better for a party, I held the steamed ones aside for just me! Made a great lunch! Susan
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 6 green onions, finely diced
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- oil (for deep frying)
- your favorite sweet and sour sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pork, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and vegetables in a bowl.
- Separate wonton skins.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of filling in the center of the wonton.
- Brush water on 2 borders of the skin, covering 1/4 inch from the edge.
- Fold skin over to form a triangle, sealing edges.
- Pinch the two long outside points together.
- Heat oil to 450 degrees and fry 4 to 5 at a time until golden.
- Drain and serve with sauce.