Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have NO IDEA why this is called chinese wedding cake, but its a recipe my grandmother has been making FOR YEARS! Enjoy :) Times are just an estimate as she has no specified times on her recipe! Times do not include chill time overnight or baking time for the cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix, baked in a 9 x 13 pan
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (6 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 -14 ounces crushed pineapple, drained (use amount desired, more or less to your tastes)
- 1 (9 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 14 ounces angel flake coconut (use amount you desire)
- 12 maraschino cherries
- After you have baked your cake in a 9x13 pan, allow it to cool.
- Then take a large bowl and combine your milk, pudding mix, and cream cheese.
- Cover the pudding mixture and place it in the refrigerator to allow it to chill and thicken.
- After the pudding mix has thickened, spread it over the baked cake.
- Then take your drained pineapple, and spread it over the pudding mixture.
- Next you will take your cool whip and spread it evenly over the pineapple.
- To finish, sprinkle a desired amount of coconut over the top, and then place the 12 maraschino cherries in rows of three across the cake.
- Cover your cake, and place it in the refrigerator over night.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love this cake!! I have made this 3 times now and poof it totally disappers! So moist, did not change anything, will make again and again.