2 hrs 20 mins
I have NO IDEA why this is called chinese wedding cake, but its a recipe my grandmother has been making FOR YEARS! Enjoy :) Times are just an estimate as she has no specified times on her recipe! Times do not include chill time overnight or baking time for the cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix, baked in a 9 x 13 pan
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (6 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 -14 ounces crushed pineapple, drained (use amount desired, more or less to your tastes)
- 1 (9 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 14 ounces angel flake coconut (use amount you desire)
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 1After you have baked your cake in a 9x13 pan, allow it to cool.
- 2Then take a large bowl and combine your milk, pudding mix, and cream cheese.
- 3Cover the pudding mixture and place it in the refrigerator to allow it to chill and thicken.
- 4After the pudding mix has thickened, spread it over the baked cake.
- 5Then take your drained pineapple, and spread it over the pudding mixture.
- 6Next you will take your cool whip and spread it evenly over the pineapple.
- 7To finish, sprinkle a desired amount of coconut over the top, and then place the 12 maraschino cherries in rows of three across the cake.
- 8Cover your cake, and place it in the refrigerator over night.
- 9Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Wedding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.1
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 668.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 55.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g