Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Willams-Sonoma, "Chicken for Dinner"
Make and share this Chinese Walnut Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 kg chicken breast, boneless
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cut the chicken breasts into slivers (1 inch by 1/4 inch).
- Stir together soy sauce, wine, vinegar, ginger and garlic. Add the chicken pieces, mix so the chicken is coated with the marinade and let stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Add oil to wok over high heat. When oil is hot, add the walnut pieces. Toss until the color changes, less than a minute. Set aside.
- Add the scallions to the rest of the oil and fry briefly until the color brightens. Set aside.
- Add the chicken to the pan, reserving the marinade. Stir-fry until opaque, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock and the reserved marinade and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir the cornstarch in the water so it is evenly dissolved and add it to the mix along with the scallions. Cook and stir until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve with the walnuts.