Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fried rice is an Asian-inspired dish that has become so popular and now available all over the world. I'm a big fan of this rice. Making it is simple; combine cooked rice with sauteed vegetables and meat of your choice, season with soy sauce and ready to serve. I love to eat this rice on cold winter night.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 red chilies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 1⁄4 cup carrot
- 1⁄4 cup peas
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons corn
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions
- 1 teaspoon black bean paste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Soak, wash the rice and cook it in pressure cooker for 3 whistles along with carrot, peas and water or use left over rice.
- Heat oil in a wok or large pan and add red chillies and garlic. Saute for 2 Mins until red chillies turns dark brown.
- Add onion to a pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add all veggies( brocoli, bell pepper, corn, snow peas and white part of green onion) saute this for 2 minutes Sprinkle some water and cook this for 3 Mins by placing lid on top.
- Now add pepper, salt, sugar, black bean paste(opt), tamari and soy sauce. Mix well with veggies. Cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Finally add the rice. once you add your rice to the wok, turn the heat to high. Your wok or pan has to be so hot that it makes every single grain of rice to jump and dance off in the wok. Stir-fry tossing continuously for about 5 minutes (adding in more soy sauce and black pepper if needed to suit taste).
- When the rice is heated through, add the bean sprouts into the pan. Mix thoroughly. Finally add the green part of green onion. Serve hot.