Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Vegetarian, Low-Carb, or even add chicken. This is a great, versatile recipe. I replaced the mushrooms with zucchini. Add cilantro to give it a kick. Low-carb: replace chinese noodles with Dream Fields Pasta or no pasta at all. From Vegetarian Times: Low Fat & Fast.
- 1⁄3 cup chunky natural-style peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) packageuncooked chinese noodles or 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 3⁄4 cup water or 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup snow pea pods, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, soy or tamari, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Prepare noodles according to packaged directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium nonstick skillet; heat water or broth over medium high heat.
- Add carrots and garlic; cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, pea pods, scallions, and red pepper flakes.
- Saute until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in peanut sacue.
- Cook until smooth and bubbly.
- Pour over hot noodles.
Thank you. This was excellent. I added broccoli florets in with the carrots and used zucchini & some green capsicum instead of snow pea pods. I also used ordinary peanut butter. I served it over jasmine rice instead of noodles. We really enjoyed this and I'll definitely make it again. .
Excellent flavor! My wife and I both agreed that this is a keeper. I do think that GOOD peanut butter is the key... I used organic chunky peanut butter. Since we keep dried shiitake mushrooms in our pantry, I rehydrated them in 3/4 cup of water and used the water in the recipe. I used yakisoba noodles (from Safeway) right out of the package. This recipe was soooo simple but soooo good. Thanks! â€”