Vegetarian, Low-Carb, or even add chicken. This is a great, versatile recipe. I replaced the mushrooms with zucchini. Add cilantro to give it a kick. Low-carb: replace chinese noodles with Dream Fields Pasta or no pasta at all. From Vegetarian Times: Low Fat & Fast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup chunky natural-style peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked chinese noodles or 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 3/4 cup water or 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup snow pea pods, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced scallion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, soy or tamari, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- 2Prepare noodles according to packaged directions. Drain and set aside.
- 3In a medium nonstick skillet; heat water or broth over medium high heat.
- 4Add carrots and garlic; cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- 5Add mushrooms, pea pods, scallions, and red pepper flakes.
- 6Saute until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in peanut sacue.
- 8Cook until smooth and bubbly.
- 9Pour over hot noodles.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Vegetables in Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.2
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1032.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
snow pea pods