Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is out of a new cookbook I picked up at an Antique store...called "The Essential Asian Cookbook"...
- Bring a large pan of water to boil.
- Wash the bok choy and remove any tough stems.
- Chop the bok choy into 3 equal portions.
- Add the bok choy to the pan of boiling water.
- Cover for 1 to 2 minutes or until just tender but still crisp.
- Use tongs to remove the bok choy from the pan, drain well and place on a heated serving platter.
- Heat the peanut oil in s small pan and cook the garlic briefly.
- Add the oyster sauce, sugar, water and sesame oil and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the bok choy and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe left the bok choy a bit crisp, so it wasn't soggy at all. The seasoning was just right, and a wonderful way to enjoy bok choy. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.
my husband love this recipe
Enjoyed making this veggie dish! Do love my vegetable just a little crisp, & your recipe does 'em up just right! Loved the seasonings here, too! Very nice! I don't often prepare bok choy, but your recipe has encouraged me to consider it more often! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]