Recipe by Charlotte J
My daughter found this on ABCNEWS.com and has made it several times now. Sometimes we are missing an ingredient the recipe calls for so we just add something different. We use a 4 ounce can of sliced mushrooms instead of the shitake. We also use frozen broccoli and snow peas to speed this recipe up.
Top Review by Chef Kirsten (#1!)
Delicious and simple, I love it! The vegetables turned out nice and bright and were very crisp. I used carrots, water chestnuts, snow peas and garlic, and doubling the sauce gave me just enough for all of it. Thank you, will be making this often!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup julienned carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas, ends trimmed
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Make 2 cups of rice as instructed on package and keep hot.
- Heat wok over medium heat and add the oil, increase to medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli and water, stir-fry for 1 minute or until broccoli is bright green.
- Add carrots, snow peas, mushrooms, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender crisp.
- In small bowl, combine the soy sauce, broth and cornstarch; mix well to dissolve.
- Add to wok and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.