Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ginger, garlic, and pungent seasonings are "seared" into cooked fish with hot oil. Traditionally, peanut oil is used but my husband found that the olive oil/butter combination is the most flavorful. He prefers using "bony fish" like largemouth bass or rockfish, but it also goes well with seabass fillets.
- 1 lb whole fish (or firm fillets)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley or 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- soy sauce, to taste
- Grill or steam fish until cooked.
- Remove fish to glass baking dish or serving platter.
- Layer on fish in this order: ginger, garlic, parsley or cilantro, green onions.
- Heat 1/2 C olive oil and cube of butter.
- Pour over fish to ignite flavors throughout.
- Add a touch of soy sauce to finish.