Prep 4 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe from The Riverfront Times' Recipes 1997 and states it was submitted by Chef Gregory Mosberger from te Carriage House Restaurant. He recommends serving the tuna atop a salad of tossed greens, nicoise olives, steamed green beans and hard boiled egg (similar to a Nicoise salad). Recipe is for 6 tuna steaks, so unless you are serving this at a party, you'll want to decrease the marinade and mayo accordingly. You also need to plan ahead for marinade time. NOTE: I made this today and the marinade is absolutely fabulous to say the least (I marinated the tuna for about 2.5 hours and it was so flavorful). I served mine atop some broccoli slaw that I simmered in chicken broth.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tuna (cut into 6 steaks)
For the marinade
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1⁄4 cup minced ginger
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
For the mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped chives
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon turmeric
- For mayo, combine all ingredients in a steel bowl and stir until completely incorporated. Refrigerate for later use.
- For marinade, add all ingredients in a steel bowl and stir until well combined; let sit for 2 hours for flavors to blend.
- Marinate tuna steaks in marinade for 2 hours. Grill tuna on high heat for 2 minutes on each side (do not overcook, or tuna will become dry).
- Place mayo in a plastic bag, cut off the bottom corner of bag and squeeze sauce across grilled tuna in a "zig zag" pattern.
This was delicious!!! We absolutely loved the curry mayonnaise.. I served ours over salad greens with mango and avocado.. This was one of the nicest ways I have prepared tuna in a while.. I think it is because it is a little different and just works so well, from the marinade to the dressing.. A recipe that has gone straight into my favourites..Cheers JB