Recipe by Sarah Chana
From my sister in law, this was a HUGE hit at a bridal shower. It makes a lot and can be halved. You can use low fat or dairy free variations on sour cream.
Top Review by RuPei
I'm sorry. As Chinese, I'd like to clarify a little bit about this recipe. We really don't like sour cream. We don't like the taste of it because it tastes like bad milk to us. I've never eaten or heard of sour cream until I moved here in the U.S. Also, iceberg lettuce is never our salad ingredients. Traditionally we don't even eat salad (we do have cold dishes.) Therefore this is just a type of American salad with so called Chinese noodles in it.
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans tuna
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sunflower seeds, to taste
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chinese noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise