Recipe by Cluich
I love tomatoes. I love simple tomato salads -- the simpler, the better. This one fits the bill.
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons nuoc nam
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, toss the sliced shallots with 1 tsp of the sugar and a pinch of the salt. Stir and let stand for 5 minutes. Core the tomatoes and slice into wedges.
- In another bowl, mix together the cider vinegar and nuoc nam with the remaining 2 tsp of sugar and the remaining salt. In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the cider vinegar mixture and wilted shallots. Sprinkle the chopped cilantro on top and serve.