This is one of my favorites for lunch. It's packed with protein and tastes light and fresh. Any extra soy ginger dressing can be used as a marinade or sauce for just about anything. Chicken can also be substituted for the tofu for a more traditional Chinese Chicken Salad. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup tamari cashews
- chopped fresh cilantro (garnish) (optional)
- black sesame seed (garnish) (optional)
Marinated Tofu (use 1/2 cup of marinade plus)
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu
Soy Ginger Marinade
- 1Chop tofu into desired sized pieces and marinate in soy ginger marinade overnight (or as long as possible).
- 2Drain tofu (keeping left-over marinade) and bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3Allow tofu to cool and prepare other salad ingredients.
- 4Combine all ingredients and top with cashews, cilantro and sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Tofu Salad
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1430.3
- Calories from Fat 979
- Total Fat 108.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8278.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 70.5 g
- Protein 32.7 g