Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my favorites for lunch. It's packed with protein and tastes light and fresh. Any extra soy ginger dressing can be used as a marinade or sauce for just about anything. Chicken can also be substituted for the tofu for a more traditional Chinese Chicken Salad. Yum!
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup tamari cashews
- chopped fresh cilantro (garnish) (optional)
- black sesame seed (garnish) (optional)
Marinated Tofu (use 1/2 cup of marinade plus)
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu
Soy Ginger Marinade
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup minced ginger
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- Chop tofu into desired sized pieces and marinate in soy ginger marinade overnight (or as long as possible).
- Drain tofu (keeping left-over marinade) and bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow tofu to cool and prepare other salad ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients and top with cashews, cilantro and sesame seeds.