Recipe by VeggieFace
This is one of my favorites for lunch. It's packed with protein and tastes light and fresh. Any extra soy ginger dressing can be used as a marinade or sauce for just about anything. Chicken can also be substituted for the tofu for a more traditional Chinese Chicken Salad. Yum!
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup tamari cashews
- chopped fresh cilantro (garnish) (optional)
- black sesame seed (garnish) (optional)
Marinated Tofu (use 1/2 cup of marinade plus)
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu
Soy Ginger Marinade
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup minced ginger
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop tofu into desired sized pieces and marinate in soy ginger marinade overnight (or as long as possible).
- Drain tofu (keeping left-over marinade) and bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow tofu to cool and prepare other salad ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients and top with cashews, cilantro and sesame seeds.