Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
For ZWT 6. This is a tasty marinade for tofu. Kylie Kwong's recipe from Simple Chinese Cooking.
- 1 (10 ounce) package silken tofu, chilled
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro roots, and stems finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 dash sesame oil
- sichuan salt & pepper
- Invert tofu into a shallow bowl. Slice widthways into 8 slices.
- Mix all other ingredients well and pour over tofu.
- Sprinkle with sichuan pepper and salt and serve immediately.
Outstanding! Then again I'm a total fan of marinaded tofu. Could not find ketjap manis so I used some mirin instead. Loved the combo of salty, sweet and hot! Made for ZWT 6. Yummy; do try this you won't be disappointed. Easy and I'll be trying this again.