Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
hot and spicy smoked chinese ribs. Check battery in smoke alarm first...
- 8 tablespoons loose black tea leaves (17 bags)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs pork spareribs, cut into thirds across the bones
- 1⁄2 cup kikkoman baste and glaze teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne ground red pepper
- Combine tea leaves with fennel, ginger, cloves and black pepper.
- Spray a large rack and a shallow pan with cooking spray well.
- Sprinkle tea mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the rack over top of leaves.
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces and place meaty side up onto rack.
- Cover whole pan tightly with foil.
- Place into oven 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Now combine the teriyaki, ketchup, garlic, and pepper well.
- Set aside.
- Remove ribs from oven.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- Brush both sides of ribs with the sauce, saving some for one more baste near end of cooking.
- Bake now uncovered 40 minutes.
- Brush ribs again, and bake the last 10 minutes.