Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I found this recipe while researching tea parties, recipes, and how to serve tea. I love all these fruits and never really had anything like this but it's so easy. I'm sure that you'll find it delicious served with anything.
- 0.5 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges (drained-reserve juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained-reserve juice)
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 cup hot freshly brewed black tea
- 2 -3 tablespoons freshly grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain oranges and pineapple, reserving liquid.
- Set fruit aside.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot tea, add reserved fruit juices (if necessary, add orange juice to fruit juices to equal one cup).
- Chill until the consistency of egg whites.
- Stir in oranges and pineapple.
- Pour mixture into a 4-cup mold.
- Chill several hours.
- Combine dressing ingredients. Unmold salad onto a bed of lettuce and serve with dressing.