Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a healthy dish to serve alongside some rice. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 tangerine peel, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped gingerroot
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- Brown chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- Stir in the tangerine peel, ginger root and dried chiles.
- Fry for a mintue.
- Then add soy sauce and vinegar and sugar.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Before serving discard chiles.
This was a good, quick meal. I omitted the chili peppers this time only because I was serving this to a child, but I thought it still tasted very good without the heat. My husband especially enjoyed the flavor of this, which we served over Chinese noodles. The only thing lacking was color - next time I will saute some sliced fresh vegetables (mushrooms, carrots, scallions, and peppers) and add them to the dish as well.One note: I did not simmer the chicken for the 15 minutes as directed. I was afraid that the chicken would dry out if simmered that long, and so I tested a piece after the first 5 minutes - it was just right and fully cooked at that point.