1/1 Photo of Chinese Takeout Pineapple Fried Rice
Essentially, this is American-style Chinese food, and something we are all familiar with. Great comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups leftover cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch bite-size cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped thickly-sliced ham
- 1Break up the cold cooked rice into smaller clumps.
- 2Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until a bead of water sizzles and evaporates on contact. Add oil and swirl to coat bottom. Add shallots and bell pepper; stir-fry until fragrant and edges of shallots begin to crisp, about 1 minute. Move shallots and bell peppers to the side, creating a well in the middle. Toss in rice; break up remaining clumps with a spatula.
- 3Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce and rice wine. Stir-fry until rice starts to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add pineapple and ham. Give everything a few quick stirs so that the ham and pineapple are heated through. Transfer to a large bowl or plate and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Takeout Pineapple Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 509.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g