Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Essentially, this is American-style Chinese food, and something we are all familiar with. Great comfort food!
- 3 cups leftover cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch bite-size cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped thickly-sliced ham
- Break up the cold cooked rice into smaller clumps.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until a bead of water sizzles and evaporates on contact. Add oil and swirl to coat bottom. Add shallots and bell pepper; stir-fry until fragrant and edges of shallots begin to crisp, about 1 minute. Move shallots and bell peppers to the side, creating a well in the middle. Toss in rice; break up remaining clumps with a spatula.
- Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce and rice wine. Stir-fry until rice starts to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add pineapple and ham. Give everything a few quick stirs so that the ham and pineapple are heated through. Transfer to a large bowl or plate and serve hot.
Nice side dish for an Asian meal. Simple and tasty. Thanks, Jackie, for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
The kids favourite for dinner last night - loved the pineapple/ham combo.
So very good!!!! I love the mix of ingredients! Made for CQ 2014.