Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Chloe Coscarelli recipe. Add some cooked chicken if you don't need a vegan dish.
- 8 ounces spaghetti (or Asian noodles)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Add broccoli to the pot for the last five minutes. Add peas to the pot just before draining. Drain and set aside.
- Make the sauce by mixing hoisin sauce, broth, soy sauce, and chili-garlic sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute onion, mushrooms, and carrot until soft and lightly browned. Add scallions, ginger, and coriander; cook a few more minutes until fragrant.
- Add cooked noodles, broccoli, and peas and let cook a couple of minutes. Add bean sprouts and sauce. Let cook, stirring constantly, until pasta is heated through and coated with sauce. Season if needed and serve immediately.