Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After searching many of the posted rice pudding recipes, I concocted this using what I found in my refrigerator and pantry. The end result was creamy and delicious!
- 3 cups cooked rice (Chinese take out leftovers)
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk (more if needed)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup crystallized ginger, baker's cut
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 mangoes, diced
- Bring milk and cream to a simmer.
- Add Splenda and salt. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the rice.
- Add extracts and crystallized ginger.
- Cook over low heat until rice absorbs milk/cream mixture. Stir frequently. Add more milk or cream if necessary to achieve the creamy consistency you desire.
- Remove from heat and stir in almonds and diced mangoes.
- May be served warm or cold.
- Note: The OXO mango slicer makes quick work of getting the pit separated from the mango flesh.