Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet or wok at medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs; cook 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from skillet; chop and set aside.
- Heat remaining 3 tbsp oil in skillet or wok; add ham, and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
- Add bell pepper and onion; stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Add peas and next 3 ingredients; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in reserved egg, and sprinkle with green onions.
excellent! i omitted the ham as i was serving with sesame chicken. i used 4 c rice, a whole onion and a whole small red pepper. i also added 1/8 c more soy later and increased the chili sauce to almost a tablespoon. this is very good. the next time i made i cut back on the oil to 1/2 tablespoon to start and 1 1/2 tablespoons to coook the onions, and it was much better. reheats well. great recipe. thanks!
This recipe looks good and I will definitely try it. I was looking for an "unusual" spice or something that makes restaurant-style Chinese fried rice taste very different than home cooked. Any idea what creates that flavor? I've tried different cooking sauces and oyster sauce and it still misses that distinct "fried rice" flavor.
I have a recipe I use that is very close to this one, except for the chili-garlic sauce. Found it at my local grocery store, so tried the recipe and both hubby and I enjoyed it. Thank you.