Top Review by Deborah1
excellent! i omitted the ham as i was serving with sesame chicken. i used 4 c rice, a whole onion and a whole small red pepper. i also added 1/8 c more soy later and increased the chili sauce to almost a tablespoon. this is very good. the next time i made i cut back on the oil to 1/2 tablespoon to start and 1 1/2 tablespoons to coook the onions, and it was much better. reheats well. great recipe. thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 large red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen sweet peas
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (can be found at asian grocer)
- 4 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet or wok at medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs; cook 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from skillet; chop and set aside.
- Heat remaining 3 tbsp oil in skillet or wok; add ham, and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
- Add bell pepper and onion; stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Add peas and next 3 ingredients; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in reserved egg, and sprinkle with green onions.