1/1 Photo of Chinese Sweet Red Bean Soup
26 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a wonderful dessert that you can serve hot or cold. Amazingly fresh, perfect for summer. And it's very versatile. You can use mung beans, white beans instead of red beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup red beans (soaked in cold water overnight)
- 1/3 cup dried lotus seeds (at asian grocery stores or health food stores, soaked in cold water overnight)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup pearl tapioca (optional)
- 1/4 cup glutten rice balls (can be found at asian grocery stores) (optional)
- 7 cups water
- 1Combine water and beans in a large pot, bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to simmer, cook uncovered till beans are tender (about 2 hours?).
- 3Add lotus seed and sugar (plus tapioca and rice balls if you choose to), cook until soup thickens a little and lotus seeds are tender, but not mushy (20 minutes).
- 4Add vanilla, serve hot for a perfect winter dessert, or you can let the soup cool down, then add ice.
- 5With this basic recipe, you can take out all the beans, increase the amount of lotus seeds and have a lotus seeds sweet soup instead.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Sweet Red Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: