Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another sweet soup made of legumes that is traditionally served as a snack in China.This soup is considered nutritious,but very rich and so should not be eaten to excess.From The Wisdom Of The Chinese Kitchen by Grace Young.
- 3⁄4 cup raw peanuts, skinned
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour (not glutinous rice flour)
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot but not smoking.Add peanuts and stir for 30 seconds;reduce heat to medium and continue roasting for 3-5 minutes ,stirring frequently,until golden.Remove from heat to cool.
- Gring the peanuts in a food processor until the consistency of peanut butter.Add the sugar and process again.
- Mix the rice flour and 1 cup of cold water,whisking until smooth.Add the peanuts and 1 cup of water and whisk again.Add the remaining water and bring to a boil stirring constantly until the soup thickens.
- Serve hot,1 cup per person.
3/4 cup peanuts not enough for 6 servings.<br/>1/2 cup rice flour WAY too much. Only a couple tablespoons enough to thicken 'soup'.