Recipe by ~Nimz~
We had this tonight and it was just wonderful so I thought I would share. The sauce is just thick enough to stick to the vegetable perfectly.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, diagonally sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup diagonally sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1/2 cup water to large skillet with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add carrots, cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- Remove lid and add an additional 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli and red peppers.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and steam another 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and sugar in small bowl.
- Blend in pineapple juice, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth.
- Transfer vegetables to colander and drain.
- Stir pineapple mixture and add to skillet.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in sesame oil.
- Return vegetables to skillet along with the green onions and toss with sauce.