Recipe by Chef lady di
I grew up on this as a child. My mom made this simple but yummy dish often. We always saved the pickle juice for this recipe. There were never any left overs and we always wanted more! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs pork ribs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet mixed pickle juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet pickle
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and add cut up pork ribs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Brown.
- Remove ribs from pan and place in a bean pot.
- Mix together remaining ingredients in the saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn down heat to medium and simmer until sauce runs clear. Add to ribs.
- Bake in oven for 2 to 3 hours at 300°F.
- Serve over rice.