Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Louise Hagler's Tofu Cookery
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra-firm silken tofu
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 8 green onions
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canned mushroom slices or 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup green pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup Braggs liquid aminos or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- Yes the recipe does say brown sugar twice. Yes unless you want to convert from grams use both.
- Cut onions and green peppers into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Mash tofu in bowl.
- Then mix in the rest of the ingredients. Form into 2 inch balls. Roll in flour and fry in 1/2 inch oil browning on all sides. Do NOT let oil smoke. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
- Combine sauce in saucepan over med heat.
- Whisk out the lumps and heat, stir constantly until thickens.
- Pour over balls when serving. Make sure they are well coated.