Recipe by LorrieK
So easy and so good! We especially love the dipping sauce - you may want to double it. From Catherine Newman on Disney Family.com.
Top Review by Lara L.
I really liked your Chinese-Style Turkey Meatball recipe. Since I am on a low sodium I modified and added the ingredients. I used olive oil, dash garlic, ginger, black pepper, and green onions. In addition, used 1 T. Tarmari soy sauce and 1 T. Worchester sauce instead. Very delicious and the meatballs held together.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 scallions, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup very finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb (unseasoned)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Sweet Soy Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 -3 slices fresh ginger, smashed with the side of a heavy knife
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- To make the meatballs: Gently mix together the meatball ingredients (hands are best for this), then form meatballs by rolling tablespoon-sized scoops between your palms.
- Arrange on a lightly oiled or parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until well-browned and cooked through. Serve with toothpicks for dipping.
- To make the dipping sauce: In a small pot, stir all the sauce ingredients together over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Simmer 3 or so minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Fish out the ginger and serve in small cups for dipping.