Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Chinese Style Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 4 bunches fresh spinach (about 2 3/4 lbs)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce (may add more to taste, I just don't like it so salty)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Remove the stems from the spinach; wash leaves thoroughly, and pat dry. Tear the spinach into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or wok over high heat. Add the garlic; and saute 1 minute. Add the spinach; stir until coated with oil.
- Add the soy sauce and sugar; saute 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
I've made spinach with garlic before, but the addition of soy sauce was new to me. I winged this a bit, as I was making just enough for me - perhaps 6 oz of fresh spinach, 2 cloves of garlic, and just a few drops of soy sauce - but you could tell it was there. Forgot about the sugar, will have to try that next time. A delicious side dish for literally just a few minutes of effort.
This is a great way to eat spinach. It's great with the soy sauce. I used the sugar cause it's not a lot. Thanks Lynette :) Made for Photo tag game
A nice, simple Asian side dish. I used fish sauce instead of soy sauce, just because I love the stuff. The twist worked well for me. The spinach tasted great alongside the Thai chicken I made!! [Made and reviewed for PRMR]