Recipe by Happy_Housewife
This is one of my favourite dishes which I used to love ordering at Chinese restaurants. So instead of spending money eating out, this is a great dish to cook at home.
Top Review by Tea Girl
We liked this recipe. It wasn't as spicy as I was expecting and I added some chili flakes to get it to the spice level I wanted. One of my old housemate used to make something like this so maybe that is why expected it to be hotter as that when she cooked you could feel the chilis before you ate them. :) It took a while to blanch the eggplant, maybe I will saute them next time.
- 3 ounces ground pork
- 5 ounces eggplants
- 1 stalk of chopped leeks or 1 stalk scallion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch eggplants in boiling water or deep fry them in oil.
- Drain and set eggplants aside.
- Mix all ingredients of the sauce together.
- Sautee garlic and ginger in 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add minced pork and stir fry until done.
- Add eggplants, leek/scallion and sauce mixture into the pan.
- Bring to boil.
- Serve with rice.