Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Before you know it, the cool weather will be upon us and crock pot recipes may be what you're looking for! Here's a recipe that has an Oriental twist! Give it a go!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (or catsup)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 -4 lbs country-style spareribs
- Combine soy sauce, marmalade, ketchup, and garlic.
- Brush on both sides of ribs.
- Place in crock pot.
- Pour remaining sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Note: After receiving a review that the flavor may be too intense, may I make this suggestion: for a milder flavor, reduce the amount of soy sauce, and add another liquid of your choice...like orange juice, water, etc.
These ribs tasted just fine! I followed the recipe just as stated in steps 1-5 and I think the flavor was just perfect. I would'nt add any liquid to the crock as these ribs produce plenty of liquid on their own. I also loved how easy this was to get in the crockpot, not a bit of fuss at all- just stir up a bowl of sauce and basically pour it over the ribs. Easy, easy, easy!!! Thanks for posting!
This was good! I did as Martha suggested and used half orange juice and half soy sauce. I used 2 boneless pork ribs instead of country-style spareribs. The juices from the ribs made the sace taste good. I have a small crockpot and sometimes I have to start it off on high to give it a "jump start". I cooked it for about 4 hours. I had it with Chicken Rice-A-Roni. They tasted good together. I had Marthas 7-up Lime Salad (#82446) It was a good dinner indeed!! Thanks Martha for sharing your great recipes with us.
I think I may have screwed this one up, but the flavor was just too strong for me. I am not well-practiced in the art of selecting meat, so the butcher helped me get 3 lbs. of boneless country-style pork spareribs. When I was making the sauce, it just didn't look like enough for the amount of ribs I had (considering they were going to be in the crockpot all day). Thus, I doubled the recipe. I let them cook for 9 hours, and the flavor was a bit too much for my taste. Very easy recipe, though.