This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon as it looks like a dish my family would enjoy. I’ll edit the recipe accordingly if needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, For best Taste use the Imported Soy sauce.
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 5 lbs spareribs (Country style spareribs can be used, but baby back ribs are the best.)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In large saucepan, melt butter and cook garlic with onion recipe soup mix over medium heat until garlic is golden.
- 3Stir in tomato puree, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and chil sauce.
- 4Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile,in large aluminium foil-lined baking pan or broiler rack, arrange spareribs, meaty side up, and bake 20 minutes.
- 6Brush spareribs generously with sauce, then continue baking, meaty side up, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce, 50 minutes, or untl spareribs are done.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese-Style Spareribs
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 887.3
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.8 g
- Cholesterol 248.8 mg
- Sodium 928.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 56.6 g