Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
You can use your choice of country-style or baby-back ribs, whatever your preference! You can also substitute Onion or Beefy Onion soup mix for the Onion Mushroom.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 ounce) envelopelipton onion and mushroom soup mix
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce or 1 (16 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 5 lbs pork spareribs (country-style or baby-back)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt margarine in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add soup mix and garlic, stirring occasionally, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is soft. Stir in tomato sauce or puree, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, and chili sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large rimmed baking sheet or broiler pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange spareribs, meaty side up in pan. Bake 20 minutes. Brush spareribs generously with sauce. Continue baking, meaty side up, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce, for 50 minutes or until spareribs are done.