Recipe by Manda
Simple ingredients combine to make these awesome, tasty ribs with a Chinese twist. Although they take a little bit of time to marinate and cook, the preparation is actually very simple. I have never tried them on the grill, but I imagine this recipe could also be made on the grill. You gotta try these!! Finger-lickin' good! Prep. time includes marinating time.
Top Review by Tebo
These were great!! I did not have enough hoi sin for a 1/4 cup so I topped it off with oyster sauce. Also added some 5 spice powder. Turned out excellent. Ribs had great flavour without a lot of sticky messy sauce (although I like that too!!) Thanks for posting Manda.
- 5 lbs pork spareribs
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 dash ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour into large plastic bag along with ribs.
- Close bag tightly and refrigeratte 6 hours, or overnight, turning several times to distribute marinade.
- Drain ribs, reserving marinade.
- Cover ribs with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover and brush with marinade.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 more minutes.