Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is quick to prepare after a hard day's work. It's filled with lots of vegetables, making it hearty and healthy. You can substitute the tofu for a meat product and use any vegetables you have in your fridge.
- 300 g extra firm tofu
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce or 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 medium onion
- 1⁄2 red pepper (or any vegetable you have on hand, zucchini, bok choy, green onions, carrots)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 6 cups spaghetti
- Cut tofu into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Marinate in garlic, ginger and soy sauce for 20mins.
- Heat oil in large frying pan, brown tofu (2 mins).
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer until desired tenderness achieved for your vegetables.
- Serve over pasta.
This was really good. It think the sauce was a little sweet for my taste and a bit too much pasta for the sauce, but I couldn't believe how good the tofu tasted after being marinated and browned in the this dish. Thanks, I will probably tweak to my taste a little more. Glad you shared this.
I tried this with tofu and also with filleted chicken breast meat and it was delicious both ways. Next time I'd like to use whole wheat spaghetti and add some ground toasted sesame seeds for extra nutrition. Thank you Queen Meg.