Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Chinese Style Skewered Chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 8 (10 inch) bamboo skewers
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cubed
- 2 medium onions, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, mix the tomato sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- Heat the broiler.
- Skewer the chicken and broil 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn and broil 7 minutes longer or to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, saute the bell peppers and onions in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables over the rice.
This got rave reviews from my guests last night. I marinated the fresh chicken strips all day and then grilled them outside on my gas grill. They were so tender and delicious. I served with separate skewers of red, yellow and orange peppers with onion chunks. What a pretty plate it was! Thanks for an easy recipe.