This is an adopted recipe that I have not yet had the chance to try. Please review and add comments should you try this before I do (or after, of course!) Thanks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 2 medium green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sake or 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 3 Tbsp. water
- 1Cut tofu crosswise into pieces the shape of French-fried potatoes.
- 2Heat a wok, coat with oil and sprinkle on the salt.
- 3Add onion then mushrooms, stir-frying each over high heat for about 30 seconds.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 5Add carrot, green pepper and tofu in that order, sauteing each for about 1 minute.
- 6Reduce heat to low and add sake, soy sauce, ginger, sugar and water.
- 7Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 8Stir in dissolved cornstarch and simmer 30 seconds more.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Style Sauteed Firm Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 700.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 16.3 g