Recipe by English_Rose
Combine iceberg lettuce, mint and spinach, with a zingy soy and malt vinegar dressing.
- 1⁄2 iceberg lettuce
- 3 1⁄2 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 3 ounces mint leaves
- 1 1⁄2 ounces scallions, shredded
- szechuan peppercorns, crushed
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the leaves from the lettuce and wash well. Tear into large pieces.
- Put the leaves in a large bowl and add the spinach, mint and scallion. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- To serve, pour the dressing over the chilled salad leaves and toss well. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with salt and Szechuan pepper.