Recipe by esactress
One of my favorite fatty-indulgences to order from Chinese take-out are boneless spare ribs. These usually fatty pieces of meat are drenched in a sweet barbeque sauce, and I thought okay, I HAVE to find a way to eat something like this without all that guilt! Well, here is a pretty satisfying way to do it ;).
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 mandarin orange segments (packed in 100% juice)
- 1 teaspoon juice, from mandarin orange pkg
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce (found in Asian aisle)
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 -6 drops hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1/2-inch -thick and around 1 lb. or a little less)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine chopped red bell pepper, rice wine vinegar, mandarin oranges and mandarin orange juice.
- Blend until liquidy.
- Add hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, hot sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sesame oil; blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut porkchops width-wise into thin strips (about 1/4" to 1/2" thick). Cut any extra-lengthy strips in half.
- In a shallow pie plate or dish, add the whole wheat flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced porkchops and toss to coat.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add canola oil and heat on medium-high heat. Once skillet is very hot, pick up sliced pork, shaking off excess flour, and put into the pan. Sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the minced garlic.
- Continue to sauté and stir until pork is mostly white with only some pink left.
- With still a little pink left in the meat, remove meat and garlic from heat to a plate and reserve.
- To same skillet, add sauce mixture and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the pork and garlic and toss to coat and finish cooking, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with steamed veggies and/or brown rice and enjoy!