Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This simple omelette is so delicious and so quick that it's 'after-work friendly'. I serve this with steamed rice and a salad.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb fresh bean sprout
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat a wok or large skillet; add oil, salt and bean sprouts; cook for 1 minute, then pour in the beaten eggs and add the green onions and cilantro.
- Allow to cook for 2 minutes, then, when it still looks moist but is cooked through, with a spatula turn half of the omelette over the other half.
- Drizzle the omelette with the oyster sauce mixture and serve.
I really like this dish! I added an extra 1/2 tsp of oyster sauce when stir-frying the bean sprouts. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly.
This was a great light brunch served with salad and crunchy roll. Ithink next time I would add maybe some prawns or crab to make it more exotic. As it is so easy I will do it again.