Recipe by C & D's Mommy
YUMMY! Low sodium, low cholesterol, low cal.
Top Review by Ms B.
This was so simple! I sliced leftover recipe #170396 very thinly and used it for the pork in the recipe. I added a little shredded carrot for color and contrast. I also used 2 cans of chicken broth and felt that more would have been better...it wasn't very "soupy". Still, YUM!
- 2 ounces uncooked noodles (fine egg noodles, vermicelli or spagettini works the best)
- 2 cups cabbage, thinly sliced (Chinese cabbage, savoy or just plain, whatever)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked pork, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 (429 ml) cans low sodium chicken broth (I use my own, and about 1 L)
- 1 cup white mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (for garnish, just the green part) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions, or until of desired consistency, drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot combine all remaining ingredients. Stir in the cooked noodles.
- Bring to a fulkl boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with chopped green onions if desired.