Recipe by MasakoHI
Tasty and saucy chicken recipe that can be served over cut up blanched won bok (Chinese cabbage) or blanched cut up bok choy (Chinese white stemmed cabbage).
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens (whole)
- 1 teaspoon salt (eliminate if you prefer it less salty or use only 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub fryer with salt, oyster sauce and oil.
- Place in casserole dish and cover with saran wrap.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and microwave another 13 minutes, or until done.
- Let stand in casserole covered, while making gravy.
- For gravy:.
- In a sauce pan, mix gravy ingredients, except cornstarch mixture.
- Bring to boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.
- Pour over cup-up chicken.