Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty and saucy chicken recipe that can be served over cut up blanched won bok (Chinese cabbage) or blanched cut up bok choy (Chinese white stemmed cabbage).
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens (whole)
- 1 teaspoon salt (eliminate if you prefer it less salty or use only 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Rub fryer with salt, oyster sauce and oil.
- Place in casserole dish and cover with saran wrap.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and microwave another 13 minutes, or until done.
- Let stand in casserole covered, while making gravy.
- For gravy:.
- In a sauce pan, mix gravy ingredients, except cornstarch mixture.
- Bring to boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.
- Pour over cup-up chicken.