Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Since starting on my healthy eating journey, I have discovered that I really like kale. I would never have even entertained trying it before but it has become a regular on my plate. However, I am always looking for new ways of eating it rather than steaming it. I found this recipe in the February 2008 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine and it looks like a good alternative to my usual preparation.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 7 ounces kale
- 3 fluid ounces boiling water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan.
- Tip in the garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Throw in the kale and toss around the pan to coat in the garlicky oil.
- Pour over boiling water and cook for 7 minutes more until the kale has wilted and is cooked through.
- Stir in the soy and oyster sauces and heat through to serve.