- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil in a small saucepan; stir in instant rice.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, melt butter and lightly cook egg.
- Add onion and rice and saute, stirring, over medium heat until mixture is slightly browned.
- Mix water with soy sauce and stir into rice.
- Cover and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Serves 4.