Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
April's family recipe from her family in Phillipines.
Make and share this Chinese Style Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Bring water to boil in a small saucepan; stir in instant rice.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, melt butter and lightly cook egg.
- Add onion and rice and saute, stirring, over medium heat until mixture is slightly browned.
- Mix water with soy sauce and stir into rice.
- Cover and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Serves 4.
Made it twice already, almost like take out, very good!
I made this and served it with a Japanese chicken. The family loved it. I did not have any instant rice, but used Jasmati rice prepared as the jar directed. The Jasmati is a long grained rice. As I made it, I felt it needed another egg. The long grained plumper rice could very well explain this. With the rice I used, it had a slight hint of nuttyness. I will definitly make it again with instant rice and rereview if warranted.