Recipe by Mom4Life
Savory with just a hint of sweetness, this pork chop is one of my husband's favorites. It whips up in no time and served with a quickly stir-fried veggie and rice, it makes a complete meal in under 30 minutes.
Top Review by $uzy
We loved this. I didn't have rice wine so I substituted sesame oil and used light brown sugar and pepper. Topped it off with toasted sesame seeds. Even my picky kids enjoyed this recipe.
- 4 pork chops or 4 pork tenderloin
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml rice wine
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper or 0.25 ml five-spice powder
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 88.74 ml cornstarch
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Tenderize meat pork with a meat mallet. If you're short on time, pound to at least 1/4 inch thickness or thinner.
- Mix together all the ingredients except cornstarch and oil and pour over pork. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes. (I've marinated it as long as 1 day and as little as 10 minutes.).
- Just before frying, pour cornstarch on top of pork and stir into marinade.
- Heat enough oil in a large skillet to cover bottom. Place pork in pan when oil begins to shimmer. Cook pork chops over med-high heat until cooked through.