Chinese-Style Fried Crispy Chicken
- Fill a 6 quart stock pot with cold water add in the whole chicken bring to a rolling boil about 5 minutes and place a cover onto the stockpot and turn off the heat and don’t open!
- Remove the chicken after a hour and place into a large container add ice cube and cold water and let set in the container for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove the cold chicken and pat dry with paper towel. The whole chicken needs to be very dry inside and outside. Lightly season chicken with salt. Let stand at room temperature for an hour.
- In a large pot with oil and place over a high heat until the oil is at 360°. This next step you need to care in low the whole into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown. Turn off the fire! Remove the fried chicken onto a platter and set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan add in the chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, white pepper and a little dash of five spice powders and bring to a simmer.
- Place the whole chicken and cut into bite size pieces and plate onto a serving platter and top with green onion strips. Pour the sauce in from the side of the platter and serve.