Top Tweak by Amanda & Tim
Once I pulled the Chicken out to drain and cool I rebreaded it in the Flour/Corn Startch mixture and put it back in the frying pan. This tweak is not needed, however it did give it the extra crispy breading style.
- 6 chicken breasts (cut into inch pieces)
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 2 cups vegetable oil or 2 cups canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into inch pieces.
- Whisk together egg whites and soy sauce.
- Soak chicken in soy mixture for 20 minutes covered in the fridge.
- Add 2 cups oil to wok or deep fryer.
- Heat wok to 350°F.
- Put cornstarch and flour into a reseal able plastic freezer bag.
- Add chicken to bag a little at a time, shake until evenly coated. Add more of the 50/50 flour mixture as needed to finish the job.
- Add chicken to wok.
- Fry 15 seconds only. No browning yet!
- Remove chicken and place aside on a cookie sheet or bowl lined with paper towels.
- After all of the chicken has cooked for 15 seconds let cool for a few minutes.
- Fry it an additional 15-20 seconds or until golden.
- Always check meat. If it is pink it needs to be cooked longer.
- Top with your favorite lemon or orange sauce.