1/1 Photo of Chinese Style Egg Custard Tarts
Very easy to make chinese style Egg Tart, you can put the leftover in the refrigerator for 3 days, you can also reduce the sugar used on the crust and the filling to fit your taste, what I have here is only lightly sweetened, hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces soften butter
- 4 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg (sift egg through strainer)
- 13 ounces flour
- 3 -5 drops vanilla extract
Egg Filling Ingredient
- 1Direction to make crust.
- 2Mix sugar, butter and flour.
- 3Then add egg and vanilla extract.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Texture of dough should be slightly moist, not dry (add margarine if too dry), and not oily (add flour if too oily).
- 6Pull dough and make a ball shape to about 1.
- 75 inch diameter, then press into tart mould, start from the center then push up until it goes higher than the side, then use two fingers to shape the edge to a A shape.
- 8Boil sugar and water until sugar is melted.
- 9Cool down to room temperature.
- 10Add eggs, vanilla extract and evaporated milk.
- 11Filter the mixture through the strainer.
- 12Pour into the tart crust.
- 13Preheat oven for 10 minutes.
- 14Bake at 230 degrees (C) for 15-20minutes until golden brown and the filling raise up a little bit.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Style Egg Custard Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.2
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 241.3 mg
- Sodium 260.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 11.8 g