Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
A nice change of pace from barbecued ribs. This recipe can easily be doubled...
- 2 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk (shake the can, open and stir)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup light soy sauce
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 limes, juice of
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 2 slices lemons
- 2 slices limes
- In a small glass bowl combine five spice powder, ginger, paprika, lemon peel, pepper and salt.
- Rub into ribs and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the coconut milk, pineapple juice, cilantro, brown sugar, onion, soy sauce, lemon and lime juice, garlic, ginger, lemon grass and salt.
- Place a rack on a baking pan and center ribs.
- Cover with coconut mixture and the lemon and lime slices.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 and 1/2 hours or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- In a blender whirl the coconut milk, lemon and lime slices to smooth.
- Heat grill to medium high, grilling ribs for 5 minutes on the first side, 3 on the other, brushing with the coconut milk mixture.
- Remove from grill and pour on remaining coconut milk mixture, serve.