1 hr 40 mins
A nice change of pace from barbecued ribs. This recipe can easily be doubled...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk (shake the can, open and stir)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 limes, juice of
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 slices lemons
- 2 slices limes
- 1In a small glass bowl combine five spice powder, ginger, paprika, lemon peel, pepper and salt.
- 2Rub into ribs and set aside.
- 3In another bowl combine the coconut milk, pineapple juice, cilantro, brown sugar, onion, soy sauce, lemon and lime juice, garlic, ginger, lemon grass and salt.
- 4Place a rack on a baking pan and center ribs.
- 5Cover with coconut mixture and the lemon and lime slices.
- 6Cover with foil.
- 7Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 and 1/2 hours or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- 8In a blender whirl the coconut milk, lemon and lime slices to smooth.
- 9Heat grill to medium high, grilling ribs for 5 minutes on the first side, 3 on the other, brushing with the coconut milk mixture.
- 10Remove from grill and pour on remaining coconut milk mixture, serve.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Style Coconut Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.7
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 2458.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 48.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: