Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tender chicken-very flavorful sauce. Hope you like it.
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken thighs, fat removed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a glass baking dish.
- Combine oil, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and garlic.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes to 1 hour, until chicken is done.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter.
- Combine cornstarch and water.
- Add to juices in baking dish.
- Stir to mix.
- Return to oven.
- Cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon over chicken.
This is so easy and carefree to make, it's a cinch for a weeknight meal. The flavor is mild and sort of Polynesian. It goes well with rice. I also served this with edamame. Very good! Thanks!
My family and I were not too crazy about this recipe. We did not like the texture or taste of the chicken. We thought the sauce was too mild in flavor and had a weird consistency. Sorry, but I will not make it again.
Ginger. It's missing ginger. I put in some grated (jarred) ginger from Trader Joe's. Rounded out the flavors nicely. Great recipe otherwise. Super easy and likely to impress company.